Find an Accredited CNA Program in Nevada
Are you looking for a new career in Nevada that offers you job security and a decent starting salary? If your answer was yes, and you enjoy working with people, a career as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) may be an excellent choice for you. There is always a need for trained CNAs in Nevada, and the overall average starting salary for these professionals is $22,000 per year.
In the state of Nevada, becoming a CNA requires that you participate in at least 75 hours of training that is approved by the Nevada State Board of Nursing. Your training should consist of both classroom and clinical instructions, which will prepare you for the state’s CNA Certification Exam. This test consists of a written portion as well as a practical skills evaluation portion. You will need to pass both parts of the CNA exam to become certified.
Other requirements for becoming certified include fingerprint cards, payment of current certification fee (payable at time of testing), and a criminal background check.
Top Nursing Schools Offering CNA Programs in Nevada
The training school you choose can make a big difference in the quality of your education. As such, to help you choose the best facility, we have listed some of the top CNA schools below:
- College of Southern Nevada 6375 W. Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89146Request info
- Great Basin College 1500 College Parkway, Elko, NV 89801Request info
- Milan Institute 950 Industrial Way, Sparks, NV 89431Request info
- Truckee Meadows Community College 7000 Dandini Blvd, Reno, NV 89512Request info
- Western Nevada College 2201 West College Parkway, Carson City, NV 89703Request info