Five Great Schools for Aspiring CNAs in Kansas City, MO
With the demand for qualified CNAs constantly increasing in Kansas City, now is a great time to train for a nursing assistant career. Furthermore, you will find that there are several accredited CNA schools in or near Kansas City, Missouri, and five of the best are described below.
- Metropolitan Community College - Metropolitan Community College is a large college system in Missouri that has three campuses in Kansas City, one in Independence and another in Lee's Summit. The school was founded in 1915 making it one of the oldest colleges in Kansas City. The Kansas City campuses offer excellent CNA programs that consist of a combination of 175 hours of lecture-based and clinical instruction. You will find these programs offered through MCC's professional development department.
- Kansas City Kansas Community College - In 1923, Kansas City Kansas Community College was established as Kansas City Kansas Junior College. The name was changed to its current name in 1979. KCKCC is a public facility that you can find on State Avenue in Kansas City, Kansas just minutes away from Kansas City, Missouri. Students who complete the first semester of KCKCC's health care certificate program are eligible to take the Missouri's CNA certification exam and obtain employment as CNAs.
- Johnson County Community College - Located on College Boulevard in Overland Park, you will discover Johnson County Community College. While JCCC is situated in Kansas, it is just a short drive from Kansas City, Missouri. This school was established in 1969, and today it is one of the largest higher-education facilities in the state. Among the school's certificate programs, there is a 98-hour certified nurse aide training course. Students of this course will learn all of the skills necessary for a CNA career.
- State Fair Community College - Next to the Missouri State Fairgrounds on West 16th Street, you can find State Fair Community College. This is a two-year college that has been serving students since 1968. SFCC offers a unique 18-credit-hour CNA program as well as specialty certification training in phlebotomy and home healthcare for students who wish to broaden their employment opportunities after graduation.
- North Central Missouri College - Formerly known as Trenton Junior College, North Central Missouri College was founded in 1925. NCMC operates three campuses, which are located in Trenton, Bethany and Maryville, Missouri. In conjunction with the Missouri Area Health Education Center, North Central Missouri College offers comprehensive training for students seeking careers as certified nurse's aides.