How to Become a Certified Nursing Assistant in Mississippi
Have you been searching for a career in Mississippi that is in high demand and pays well? If so, you should consider becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant/Aide (CNA). According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for CNAs is expected to grow by about 28 percent until 2018. Additionally, assistants who choose to work in Mississippi earn an average salary of $29,000 per year.
Before you can start working as a Certified Nursing Aide in Mississippi, you must complete a training program that consists of at least 91 hours of instruction and is approved by the state's Department of Health. After completing your training, you will need to pass the state’s CNA Nurse Aide Registry Exam. The CNA exam is a computer-based test that includes a written assessment and a practical evaluation.
Your name will be added to Mississippi's Nurse Aide Registry only upon successful completion of both parts of the CNA Certification Exam.
Top Rated CNA Schools in Mississippi
Mississippi offers many educational options for people who want to become CNAs, and listed below, you will find some of the top nursing schools in the state that offer approved programs:
- East Central Community College 275 West Broad Street, Decatur, MS 39327Request info
- East Mississippi Community College 8731 S Frontage Rd, Mayhew, MS 39753Request info
- East Mississippi Community College 1512 Kemper Street, Scooba, MS 39358Request info
- Gulfport Job Corps Center 3300 20th Street, Gulfport, MS 39501Request info
- Jones County Junior College 900 Court Street, Ellisville, MS 39437Request info
- Meridian Community College 910 Highway 19 North, Meridian, MS 39307Request info
- Northwest Mississippi Community College 4975 Hwy 51N, Senatobia, MS 38668Request info
- Southwest Mississippi Community College 1156 College Drive, Summit, MS 39666Request info
- Virginia College 4795 Interstate 55 N, Jackson, MS 39206Request info