Best Places to Work as a CNAPublished on Thursday, October 22, 2015
Are you a newly certified nursing assistant who is getting ready to join the work force? Would you like some information about the best places to work as a CNA? No matter whether you are looking for the best-paying employers or places offering the most employment opportunities, we are here to help!
Common Places of Employment
Certified nursing assistants work closely with LPNs and RNs to provide care to patients in a variety of medical settings. They are also responsible for a number of other tasks such as cleaning rooms, distributing meals and maintaining patients' records. If you wish to become a CNA, some of the facilities where you can choose to work are as follows:
- Public and Private Hospitals
- Military Hospitals
- Nursing Homes
- Adult Daycare Centers
- Retirement Homes
- Home Healthcare Providers
- Hospice Centers
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Assisted Living Facilities
Top-Paying Facilities for CNAs
Now that you know some of the facilities where CNAs can work, you may be wondering which ones offer the best pay. Of course, this is a common concern for many people today, and we want to help by offering you a list of the top-paying facilities for CNAs! This list was posted by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics for the year 2013.
- Government Facilities on the Federal Level - $35,950 Per Year
- Insurance Providers - $33,370 Per Year
- Community Colleges - $32,570 Per Year
- Universities and Trade Schools - $31,030 Per Year
- Government Facilities on the State Level - $31,000 Per Year
Facilities with Highest Demand
Unfortunately, in many cases, facilities that offer the best CNA wages are not those that offer the most job opportunities. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, positions for CNAs will increase by as much as 21 percent until 2022. But which facilities will experience the greatest demand? The BLS listed the following facilities as those with the highest demand for CNAs in 2013.
- Nursing Homes - 622,850 Positions at $24,970 Per Year
- Public and Private Hospitals - 349,650 Positions at $28,150 Per Year
- Retirement and Assisted Living Facilities - 158,360 Positions at $24,340 Per Year
- Home Healthcare Providers - 67,950 Positions at $23,940 Per Year
- General Employment Services - 34,160 Positions at $26,320 Per Year
If you are searching for employment as a CNA, some of the best places to work include government facilities, nursing homes, hospitals, and assisted living facilities.