How to Become a Certified Nursing Assistant in Louisiana
Did you know that you can train to work in the healthcare industry in just a few weeks? If you are looking to begin working in this industry in as less time as possible, becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is the way to do that. Not only are CNAs in high demand all over the U.S., but you can complete a CNA program in just six to 12 weeks.
The first thing you need to do to begin a career as a CNA in Louisiana is enroll in and complete a training program that is approved by Louisiana's Department of Health and Hospitals. Your program should include no less than 40 hours of classroom lectures and at least 40 hours of clinical training. Once you complete your training, you can schedule an appointment to take the CNA Nurse Aide Registry Examination.
You must pass this test to become certified. After taking the test, you will receive notice of the results within four to six weeks. A passing score places your name on the Louisiana Nurse Aide Registry.
Top Rated CNA Schools in Louisiana
Any career begins with locating a school that offers the training program you wish to attend. Listed below, you will find some of the top CNA schools in Louisiana:
- Compass Career College 42353 Deluxe Plaza, Suite 16, Hammond, LA 70403Request info
- Delgado Community College 615 City Park Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70119Request info
- Fletcher Technical Community College 310 St. Charles Street, Houma, LA 70360Request info
- Louisiana Technical College 3250 North Acadian Thruway East, Baton Rouge, LA 70805Request info
- Louisiana Technical College 6587 Highway 1 Bypass, Natchitoches, LA 71457Request info
- Louisiana Technical College 1101 Bertrand Dr, Lafayette, LA 70506Request info
- Louisiana Technical College 814 Constable Street, Minden, LA 71058Request info
- Louisiana Technical College 1101 Bertrand Drive, Lafayette, LA 70506Request info
- Northshore Technical College 1710 Sullivan Drive, Bogalusa, LA 70427Request info
- Nunez Community College 3710 Paris Road, Chalmette, LA 70043Request info
- Our Lady of the Lake College 7434 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70808Request info
- River Parishes Community College 7384 John Leblanc Blvd, Sorrento, LA 70778Request info
- University of Phoenix 1 Galleria Blvd., Metairie, LA 70001Request info