How to Become a Certified Nursing Assistant in Oklahoma
Do you want to be a part of a medical team that devotes their time to caring for sick and disabled patients? If you answered yes, a career as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) would be a perfect fit for you. Currently, there are many job openings for CNAs in Oklahoma, and you can train for the career in just a few weeks.
For you to become a CNA in Oklahoma, you must attend at least 80 hours of classroom and clinical training that is approved by the state's Department of Health Services. Some of the topics covered in CNA programs include infection control, safety, patients' rights, and communications. After completing all of the required coursework, you can apply for the state’s CNA Competency Exam, also known as the CNA Nurse Aide Registry Examination.
You will have four hours to complete your CNA exam, and you must receive a score of at least 70 percent on both parts of the test for you to be added to the state's Nurse Aide Registry.
Top Rated CNA Schools in Oklahoma
Currently, there are more than 200 educational facilities in Oklahoma that offer CNA programs. However, to help you in your decision, we have listed some of the more popular schools below:
- Autry Technology Center 1201 West Willow, Enid, OK 73703Request info
- Canadian Valley Technology Center 6505 East Highway 66, El Reno, OK 73036Request info
- Eastern Oklahoma County Technology Center 4601 N Choctaw Rd, Choctaw, OK 73020Request info
- Francis Tuttle Technology Center 12777 North Rockwell Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73142Request info
- Moore Norman Technology Center 4701 12th Avenue, NW, Norman, OK 73069Request info
- Northeast Technology Center 6195 W. Highway 20, Pryor, OK 74362Request info
- Tulsa Community College 6111 East Skelly Drive, Tulsa, OK 74135Request info
- Wes Watkins Technology Center 7892 Highway 9, Wetumka, OK 74883Request info