How to Become a Certified Nursing Assistant in Utah
Have you become frustrated trying to find a career in Utah that offers a decent salary and job security even during difficult economic times? If you have, do not fret, as you can always become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). CNAs in Utah earn an average starting salary of about $21,000 per year, and the career is expected to grow by about 18 percent until 2018.
Before you can work as a CNA in Utah, you will need to complete a program that consists of at least 80 hours of instruction and is approved by the Utah Nurse Aide Registry. Your program must include a mixture of both classroom lectures and clinical training. Successful completion of an approved CNA program will make you eligible for the state's two-part CNA Certification Exam, formally known as the Nurse Aide Registry Exam.
You will have up to four hours to complete the certification exam, and you must pass both parts of the test for your name to be added to Utah's Nurse Aide Registry.
Top 11 CNA Schools in Utah
Currently, there are about 60 facilities in Utah that offer approved programs for people who wish to become CNAs. Some of the top facilities include:
- Bridgerland Applied Technology College 1301 North 600 West, Logan, UT 84321Request info
- Clearfield Job Corps Center 20 West 1700 South, Clearfield, UT 84016Request info
- College of Eastern Utah 639 West 100 South, Blanding, UT 84511Request info
- Davis Applied Technology College 550 East 300 South, Kaysville, UT 84037Request info
- Dixie State College of Utah 225 South 700 East, Saint George, UT 84770Request info
- Ogden-Weber Applied Technology College 200 North Washington Boulevard, Ogden, UT 84404Request info
- Salt Lake Community College 4600 South Redwood Road, Salt Lake City, UT 84130Request info
- Snow College 150 East College Avenue, Ephraim, UT 84627Request info
- Southwest Applied Technology Center 510 West 800 South, Cedar City, UT 84720Request info
- Uintah Basin Applied Technology College 1100 E Lagoon St., Roosevelt, UT 84066Request info
- University of Phoenix 5373 S. Green Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84123Request info