How to Become a Certified Nursing Assistant in Pennsylvania
Have you been thinking about becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant/Aide (CNA) in Pennsylvania, but are not sure of how to go about it? If you want to begin a CNA career, you have made a great choice. There is currently a need for qualified nursing assistants in Pennsylvania and if you choose to work in this state, you can expect an average yearly salary of $25,000.
The first step involved in beginning a CNA career is completing a 120-hour training program that is approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Health. During your training, you will focus on such topics as CPR, feeding patients, bathing patients, and maintaining a clean environment. The next step is to take the states’ CNA Nurse Aide Registry Exam, also referred to as the CNA Certification Exam.
Upon completion of the CNA exam, you will be listed as a Certified Nursing Aide on the Pennsylvania Nurse Aide Registry, making you eligible to work in the field.
Top Rated CNA Schools in Pennsylvania
If you are looking for a CNA program in Pennsylvania, you have come to the right place. Listed below are some of the best CNA schools in the state:
- Abington Memorial Hospital - Dixon School of Nursing 2500 Maryland Rd., Ste 200, Willow Grove, PA 19090Request info
- Allegany College 6022 Glades Pike, Suite 100, Somerset, PA 15501Request info
- Antonelli Medical and Professional Institute 1700 Industrial Highway, Pottstown, PA 19464Request info
- Berks Technical Institute 2205 Ridgewood Road, Reading, PA 19610Request info
- Central Pennsylvania Institute of Science and Technology 540 North Harrison Road, Bellefonte, PA 16823Request info
- Commonwealth Technical Institute 727 Goucher Street, Johnstown, PA 15905Request info
- Everest Institute 100 Forbes Avenue #1200, Pittsburgh, PA 15222Request info
- Fortis Institute 517 Ash Street, Scranton, PA 18509Request info
- Great Lakes Institute of Technology 5100 Peach Street, Erie, PA 16509Request info
- Greater Altoona Career & Technology Center 1500 Fourth Avenue, Altoona, PA 16602Request info
- Jolie Hair and Beauty Academy 125 North Wilkes-Barre Blvd, Wilkes Barre, PA 18702Request info
- Pittsburgh Technical Institute 1111 McKee Road, Oakdale, PA 15071Request info
- Schuylkill Technology Centers 17 Maple Ave, Mar Lin, PA 17951Request info
- Warren County Career Center 347 East Fifth Avenue, Warren, PA 16365Request info