How to Become a Certified Nursing Assistant in North Carolina
Are you looking for an occupation in North Carolina that allows you to work in the healthcare field with a minimum of training? If you are, you should definitely consider enrolling in a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) training program. There are many job openings for CNAs in North Carolina, and if you choose to work in the state, you can expect an average salary of $27,000 per year.
North Carolina's approved CNA curriculum consists of 91 hours of training that comprises classroom lectures and practical. When choosing a program, you must make sure that it is approved by the state's Department of Health and Human Services. Upon completion of an approved program, you will need to take the state's Nurse Aide Certification Exam, also known as the Nurse Aide Registry Exam.
There is a small fee for the CNA exam, and you must receive at least 70 percent on both parts of the test for your name to be added to North Carolina's Nurse Aide Registry.
Top 16 CNA Schools in North Carolina
The first step to beginning a CNA career in North Carolina is finding a school that offers an approved program. Listed below, you will find some of the top CNA schools in the state:
- Alamance Community College 1247 Jimmie Kerr Road, Graham, NC 27253
- Bladen Community College 7418 North Carolina 41, Dublin, NC 28332
- Brunswick Community College 50 College Road, Bolivia, NC 28422
- Cabarrus College of Health Sciences 401 Medical Park Drive, Concord, NC 28025
- Cleveland Community College 137 South Post Road, Shelby, NC 28152
- Coastal Carolina Community College 444 Western Boulevard, Jacksonville, NC 28546
- Fayetteville Technical Community College 2201 Hull Road, Fayetteville, NC 28303
- Gaston College 201 Hwy 321 S, Dallas, NC 28034
- Guilford Technical Community College 601 High Point Road, Jamestown, NC 27282
- McDowell Technical Community College 54 College Drive, Marion, NC 28752
- Oconaluftee Job Corps Center 502 Oconaluftee Job Corps Rd, Cherokee, NC 28719
- Piedmont Community College 1715 College Drive, Roxboro, NC 27573
- Randolph Community College 629 Industrial Park Ave, Asheboro, NC 27205
- Richmond Community College 1042 West Hamlet Ave, Hamlet, NC 28345
- Robeson Community College 5160 Fayetteville Rd, Lumberton, NC 28359
- University of Phoenix 3800 Arco Corporate Drive, Charlotte, NC 28273