How to Become a Certified Nursing Assistant in Indiana
Did you know that you can train for a healthcare career in Indiana in just a few weeks? If you enjoy helping people and would like to complete your training in six to 12 weeks, you should consider a CNA career. There is presently a shortage of CNAs in Indiana.
The state of Indiana requires all CNA aspirants to participate in a total of 105 hours of training consisting of a combination of classroom lectures and clinical exercises. Furthermore, the program you attend must be approved for certification by Indiana's Department of Health. Upon completing your CNA program, you will be prepared to take the state’s CNA Nurse Aide Registry Exam. You must pass this test to qualify for certification.
If you receive a passing score on both parts of the CNA exam, your name will be added to Indiana's Nurse Aide Registry and you can begin searching for work as a CNA in the state.
Top Rated CNA Schools in Indiana
Of course, the first thing you will need to do to begin your new career is locate a CNA program in Indiana, a job that is not difficult at all, as the state is home to numerous schools offering the program. Listed below, you will find some of the top schools in the state offering CNA training:
- Ivy Tech Community College, Central Indiana 50 W. Fall Creek Parkway N. Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46208Request info
- Ivy Tech Community College, East Central 4301 South Cowan Road, Muncie, IN 47302Request info
- Ivy Tech Community College, Evansville 3501 First Avenue, Evansville, IN 47710Request info
- Ivy Tech Community College, Lafayette 3101 South Creasy Lane, Lafayette, IN 47905Request info
- Ivy Tech Community College, Northeast 3800 North Anthony Boulevard, Fort Wayne, IN 46805Request info
- Ivy Tech Community College, Northwest 1440 East 35th Street, Gary, IN 46409Request info
- Ivy Tech Community College, Wabash Valley 8000 South Education Drive, Terre Haute, IN 47802Request info
- J Everett Light Career Center 1901 E 86 St, Indianapolis, IN 46240Request info
- University of Phoenix 7999 Knue Road Dr., Indianapolis, IN 46250Request info
- Vincennes Universitye 850 College Avenue, Jasper, IN 47546Request info