How to Become a Certified Nursing Assistant in Texas
Are you looking for a career in Texas that remains strong even during difficult economic times? If you are, then a career as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) would be a great choice for you. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts an 18 percent growth rate for CNA jobs in Texas over the next several years.
The first requirement to becoming a CNA in Texas is completing a training program that consists of at least 75 hours of instruction approved by the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services. Secondly, you will need to complete the state’s CNA Certification Exam to prove that you have acquired the skills necessary for a career as a CNA. The CNA exam contains two parts: a multiple-choice test and a practical skills evaluation.
You are required to pass both sections of the CNA exam to become certified. Upon passing the exam, your name will be added to Texas' Nurse Aide Registry.
Top 17 CNA Schools in Texas
Finding a CNA program in Texas can be a bit confusing, as there are currently hundreds of them available. However, to help you a little, we are listing some of the top schools below:
- Anamarc Educational Institute 3210 Dyer, El Paso, TX 79930Request info
- Anthem College 70 FM 1960 West, Houston, TX 77090Request info
- Career Point College 485 Spencer Lane, San Antonio, TX 78201Request info
- Cedar Valley College 3030 North Dallas Avenue, Lancaster, TX 75134Request info
- Concorde Career College 12606 Greenville Ave., Ste 130, Dallas, TX 75243Request info
- Concorde Career Institute 3015 W. Interstate 20, Grand Prairie, TX 75052Request info
- David L. Carrasco Job Corps Center 11155 Gateway West, El Paso, TX 79935Request info
- Kaplan College 6441 NW Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78238Request info
- Kaplan College 1620 South Padre Island Drive, Suite 600, Corpus Christi, TX 78416Request info
- Laredo Community College West End Washington St, Laredo, TX 78040Request info
- South Texas College 3201 West Pecan, Mcallen, TX 78501Request info
- South Texas Vocational Technical Institute 2400 West Daffodil Avenue, Mcallen, TX 78501Request info
- Texas Health School 11211 Katy Fwy, Ste 170, Houston, TX 77079Request info
- Texas School of Business 711 East Airtex Drive, Houston, TX 77073Request info
- Trinity Valley Community College 100 Cardinal Drive, Athens, TX 75751Request info
- Valley Grande Institute for Academic Studies 345 S. Texas Blvd., Weslaco, TX 78596Request info
- Vista College 1905 W. Loop 281, Longview, TX 75604Request info