How to Become a Certified Nursing Assistant in Maryland
Are you looking for a job in Maryland that pays well and leaves you feeling satisfied each day? If you are, you may want to consider training for a career as a CNA. CNAs in Maryland enjoy many benefits including comfortable starting salaries of $27,000 per year and an immense feeling of satisfaction obtained from helping those in need.
Before you can become certified and eligible to apply for employment as a CNA in Maryland, you must participate in a training program that is approved by the Maryland Board of Nursing. Furthermore, to meet the state-mandated minimum requirements, you need to make sure the program you choose consists of at least 100 hours of classroom instruction and clinical training.
After you complete the required training, you will need to register for and complete the state’s CNA Certification Exam. If you pass this test, your name will be added to Maryland's Nurse Aide Registry.
Top CNA Schools in Maryland
The first step to beginning your new and exciting career as a CNA is finding a school that offers a training program. Listed here, you will find some of the best CNA schools in Maryland:
- Allegany College of Maryland 12401 Willowbrook Rd SE, Cumberland, MD 21502Request info
- Anne Arundel Community College 101 College Pky, Arnold, MD 21012Request info
- Baltimore City Community College 2901 Liberty Heights Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21215Request info
- Carroll Community College 1601 Washington Rd, Westminster, MD 21157Request info
- Cecil College One Seahawk Drive, North East, MD 21901Request info
- Chesapeake College 1000 College Circle, Wye Mills, MD 21679Request info
- College of Southern Maryland 8730 Mitchell Rd, La Plata, MD 20646Request info
- Coppin State University 2500 West North Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21216Request info
- Frederick Community College 7932 Opossumtown Pike, Frederick, MD 21702Request info
- Garrett College 687 Mosser Road, Mchenry, MD 21541Request info
- Hagerstown Community College 11400 Robinwood Dr, Hagerstown, MD 21742Request info
- Harford Community College 401 Thomas Run Rd, Bel Air, MD 21015Request info
- Howard Community College 10901 Little Patuxent Pkwy, Columbia, MD 21044Request info
- Montgomery College 51 Mannakee Street, Rockville, MD 20850Request info
- The Community College of Baltimore County 800 South Rolling Road, Catonsville, MD 21228Request info
- University of Phoenix 8830 Stanford Blvd, Columbia, MD 21045Request info
- Wor-Wic Community College 32000 Campus Drive, Salisbury, MD 21804Request info