How to Become a Certified Nursing Assistant in Virginia
There is presently a great need for Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) in Virginia, and the average salary for these professionals in the state is about $27,000 per year.
For you to gain employment as a CNA in Virginia, you are required to complete at least 120 hours of training that is approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing. Your training should comprise a combination of classroom lectures and clinical training to prepare you for the field of nursing assistance. Once you complete the required training, you can take the state’s two-part CNA Nurse Aide Registry Exam.
A passing score on both parts of the CNA exam is the basic requirement for certification as a nursing aide in Virginia and placement on the state's Nurse Aide Registry.
Top 7 CNA Schools in Virginia
To help you begin your new career as a Certified Nursing Assistant, we are listing some of the top nursing schools offering CNA programs in the state below:
- Amelia-Nottoway Vocational-Technical Center 148 Votech Rd, Jetersville, VA 23083Request info
- Career Training Solutions 10304 Spotsylvania Ave., Suite 400, Fredericksburg, VA 22408Request info
- Charlottesville Albemarle Technical Education Center 1000 East Rio Road, Charlottesville, VA 22901Request info
- Medical Careers Institute 1001 Omni Blvd #100, Newport News, VA 23606Request info
- New Horizons Regional Education Center 520 Butler Farm Road, Hampton, VA 23666Request info
- Pruden Center for Industry and Technology 4169 Pruden Boulevard, Suffolk, VA 23434Request info
- Woodrow Wilson Rehabilitation Center 64 James Anderson Road, Fishersville, VA 22939Request info