How to Become a Certified Nursing Assistant in Colorado
Are you looking for a great way to start a nursing career in Colorado and earn money at the same time? Working as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) can offer you the experience you need to jump-start a career in nursing. Furthermore, the demand for CNAs in Colorado is quite high, and the average salary is $24,000 per year.
To become a CNA in Colorado, first you need to find a CNA training program that is approved by the Colorado Board of Nursing. The approved program will offer the required, at least 123 hours of both classroom lectures and clinical training. After your training, you must sit for and pass the CNA certification exam, which is administered by the National Nurse Aide Registry at various locations throughout the year.
If you pass the CNA exam with at least 70 percent, you will be sent a certification number, and your name will be added to the Colorado Nurse Aide Registry.
Top 17 CNA Schools in Colorado
You can obtain your CNA training by attending one of the many CNA schools in Colorado. Some of the top schools include:
- Aims Community College 5401 W. 20th St., Greeley, CO 80634Request info
- Arapahoe Community College 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, CO 80160Request info
- Colorado Mesa University 1100 North Avenue, Grand Junction, CO 81501Request info
- Colorado Mountain College 831 Grand Avenue, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601Request info
- Colorado Northwestern Community College 500 Kennedy Drive, Rangely, CO 81648Request info
- Community College of Denver 1111 West Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80204Request info
- Emily Griffith Technical College 1250 Welton Street, Denver, CO 80204Request info
- Front Range Community College 3645 West 112th Avenue, Westminster, CO 80031Request info
- Lamar Community College 2401 South Main Street, Lamar, CO 81052Request info
- Morgan Community College 920 Barlow Road, Fort Morgan, CO 80701Request info
- Otero Junior College 1802 Colorado Avenue, La Junta, CO 81050Request info
- Pickens Technical College 500 Airport Boulevard, Aurora, CO 80011Request info
- Pima Medical Institute 7475 Dakin Street, Denver, CO 80221Request info
- Pueblo Community College 900 West Orman Avenue, Pueblo, CO 81004Request info
- Red Rocks Community College 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Denver, CO 80228Request info
- Trinidad State Junior College 600 Prospect Street, Trinidad, CO 81082Request info
- Trinidad State Junior College 1101 Main Street, Alamosa, CO 81101Request info