Five Great Schools for Aspiring CNAs in Saint Louis, MOPublished on Sunday, December 20, 2015
Certified nurse aide careers are some of the most popular careers in Saint Louis, Missouri today. This is due mainly to the fact that there is a great need for these professionals all across the state. If you have decided to join this lucrative occupation, you may want to consider one of the following five schools for your education and training.
- St. Louis Community College - If you live in Saint Louis and would like to attend classes as close to home as possible, you should consider attending St. Louis Community College. STLCC was founded in 1962 and has three campuses in Saint Louis as well as satellite campuses located in Wildwood, Kirkwood and Ferguson. In addition to the school's many certificate and degree programs, you will find a nurse assistant training program offered through the facility's workforce solutions division.
- Southwestern Illinois College - Formerly known as Belleville Junior College, Southwestern Illinois College dates back to 1946. This is one of the largest community colleges in Illinois with campuses located in Belleville, Red Bud and Granite City. All three campuses offer an excellent nurse assistant course, which can be completed in just one semester. This is an extremely popular program, and students are encouraged to register early to ensure placement in the course.
- St. Charles Community College - St. Charles Community College is a somewhat new facility that has been in operation just since 1986. You will find the campus located on Mid Rivers Mall Drive in Cottleville, Missouri. Starting with a modest enrollment of only 1,547 students during its first year, SCC serves more than 11,500 students each year today. Among the school's health occupations programs, you can find a state-approved nurse assistant training program. Full-time students can complete this program in about five months.
- Lewis and Clark Community College - Lewis and Clark Community College is located about 22 miles from Downtown Saint Louis on Godfrey Road in Godfrey, Illinois. LCCC was established on the grounds of Monticello College in 1970. This is a two-year college that offers a number of certificate, degree and transfer programs in a broad range of occupational fields. Students who complete LCCC's nurse assistant training program will be awarded certificates of completion.
- East Central College - Another top CNA school near Saint Louis, Missouri is East Central College. ECC was founded in 1968, and today it has campuses located in Union, Warrenton, Washington, Rolla and Sullivan, Missouri. The Union campus offers a great certified nursing assistant program that includes CPR training and a CNA exam preparatory course. Graduates of ECC's nursing assistant program qualify for the state's certification exam.