Average Tuition & Fees of a CNA Program
Are you thinking about enrolling in a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) program and would like to learn about the tuition and fees associated with the training? Since CNA programs are relatively short, the tuition you will need to pay is quite affordable. Additionally, although the costs vary from one school to another, the following tuition and fees are good examples of what you can expect to pay.
Average Tuition Costs
The overall average tuition cost for in-state CNA students is about $71.50 per credit hour, and the average cost for out-of-state students is around $263.50 per credit hour. Of course, this varies depending on the school you choose to attend, and some facilities may charge a flat rate for the training program.
However, you can determine your total cost by multiplying your cost per credit hour by the number of credit hours you need to complete. Most training programs consist of about 17 credit hours of career-related instruction and approximately 10 to 15 credit hours of general education courses.
Depending on the school you choose to train at, you may also need to pay various other fees for your education. This can include such things as vaccinations, books, application fees, and supplies. Nevertheless, some of the most common fees you may encounter include:
- Student Support Fee - $10 to $15
- Technology Fee - $15 to $20
- Campus Access Fee - $15 to $20
- Books - (Varies Depending on Whether You Buy New or Used) $500 to $1,500
- Supplies - Minimal as Most Work is Done on Computers or in Class
- Vaccinations - Varies Depending on What You May Need
- TB Test - Free to $20 (Some Health Departments Perform TB Tests Free)
- Criminal Background Check - Free to $20 (Depending on the School)
Those were the average tuition costs and fees for most CNA programs today. However, it is essential to note that costs may vary significantly depending on the school you choose to train at. Additionally, some facilities such as the Red Cross may charge a flat rate cost of about $1,250 to $1,500.